Tuesday, 24 March 2015

March 24 2015 - Week 3

     Wait did I get that right?! has it actually been 3 weeks? where did the month go like seriously! 

This week flew right on by I don't even know what's going on anymore! As like most people say here at the MTC; slow days but the weeks fly by! Well last Wednesday two new districts came to fill in our zone! we got 10 elders and they're all going to France! Its funny because last Tuesday, we came to pick up an international missionary who's from Singapore who got called to Paris France, mandarin speaking which he already knew how to speak,(on top of that English, Cantonese and Malaysian) anyways we asked him if he was excited to learn French, and he told us that he want going to learn French because on his call he said he only had to speak mandarin, well on my call it said I only had to learn Tahitian but now I had to learn 2. anyways he found out later that he did have to learn French after all ha-ha poor guy. He had no idea, that's cool though he'll have 5 languages down by the time he comes home from his mission.

Anyways there aren't any  new sisters coming into our district for a while :( there was supposed to be one sister coming from Vanuatu, but apparently there was a huge cyclone that wiped out like 90% of their buildings D: I hope it's nothing too serious and that she's ok, that sister wont be coming to the MTC until June so like after I leave!  Anyways we've had awesome devotionals lately and last Tuesday devotional Elder Don R. Clarke came to speak to us and he gave a talk on 10 truths that every missionary should know. If you want to serve a mission or knows someone who is going to, listen up:
 
1) Love 
He said the days you'll be happy are the days you care about other people more than yourself. He also asked the congregation to stand if we knew anybody inactive/less active to stand whether it be a friend, a cousin or your mom. Before you know it, everybody stood up. He asked us what we would do to help them come back unto Christ. He then told us as missionaries to look at people we serve as somebody's father, or child, etc. and to love them and serve them and do the best we can to help them. 
2) Importance of the Book of Mormon. 
He said that there shouldn't be a day when you don't search in the book of Mormon. Everybody should know what page they're on.  
An elder in my district, err sorry the only elder in my district had me read a story about a lady who had multiple PHDs in religion and philosophy, whose written multiple educational and scholarly books about religion and how the missionaries found her and baptised her 8 weeks after! Its an amazing story its called "Do we really know what we have?". That lady bore her testimony and said she was in a famine all her 75 years of life and finally found the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Then she went on how significant the book of Mormon was and that as members, some of us don't appreciate it as much as we should. You guys should check that story out!
3) Joseph Smith 
He shared a story of how a missionary tried to memorized the story of Joseph Smith, then after the lesson was over his companion grabbed him by the knot of his tie and pulled him and said "don't you ever tell the story of Joseph Smith again. Do you really know the story of Joseph Smith?" and the question is do we? Do we actually have a testimony of it for ourselves?
4) Obedience
If there is anything that I've learned here at the MTC is that 
OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS AND EXACT OBEDIENCE BRINGS MIRACLES
5)Faith
Faith is an action word 
therefore be Diligent in our works and have faith and trust in the Lord. He knows what's best for you and that he called you to Tahiti to learn 2 languages for a reason.
Diligence > Intelligence
6)Holy Ghost
He talked about how our mission will be full of red seas to divide.
So make sure we know how to listen and to FOLLOW the spirit.
7) Family
As missionaries, we want to remember to email our families about our spiritual experiences so they will profit from your testimony. :D 
8)Remember who you really are. 
We given the power to heal in this "sick world". We are instruments of the Lord and he works through us. 
9)The worth of Souls.
And that there shouldn't be a day when we as missionaries shouldn't be busy. There are people everywhere.
10) Enjoy the Journey.
Nobody else can determine your happiness but you. Don't let anybody else determine that.
Love them. All you need is love.

~ This will determine who you are. God will reveal his love for you even through little things.

For example for the past week I've been feeling quite insecure about myself. I've never really picked up great study habits at school nor did I have super high confidence in myself. Anyways this past week my companion and I had to teach/lead quite a bit of meetings and classes. For instance we had to do an orientation for the new elders in our zone with elder Reese( he's the only elder in the zone other than the new elders who just came in this week. Anyways he cant be a zone leader without a companion therefore as sister training leaders we have to fulfill that leadership role), then us 3 had to teach priesthood and relief society, then my companion and I had to lead the discussion for District meeting. Anyways my mind doesn't work as fast as it should, it wanders off often and I tend to forget things easily. But as for Soeur Stosich(my companion) and Elder Reese, they are literally on top of everything. They always have scriptures and stories to share and they just practically just go off the entire lesson while I just sit there quietly in the corner (if there is anything you need to know about my companion and elder Reese, there known for the ones always on task, the goody two shoes and probably has the next best thing to photographic memory. Like seriously though). Don't get me wrong I love being around those guys, they're so spiritual they just fill me up, but for the longest time I thought that I wasn't feeling the spirit because I wasn't being prompted to what to say like those other two. Anyways last Saturday night, before I went to bed I prayed and felt like I needed to fast for the day after. Next Day, Its Sunday. It was probably the best day of my life here at the MTC so far. I felt like the Lord gave me the comfort that i needed and literally everything i learnt that day felt like it was meant for me. That whole day I learn more and more about the Saviour and His atonement in terms where i never really thought of them before. Not only will he make up for our sins, but he will lift us up with an outstretched hand and help us with our weaknesses and struggles filling in that gap where we aren't capable of fulfilling. He is there. He loves us with tender mercy and knows exactly what we go through. I also got to watch a talk by Elder Bednar its called "the Characters of Christ" and its amazing! I literally want to watch and listen to that talk over and over again! I love learning more and more about our Saviour its so great! Its funny because at the beginning of his talk he says to not write notes and just listen. He said to write the things that the Holy Ghost is trying to teach you not what you hear but I ended up writing a full page of notes. Trust me you learn a lot! and it was exactly what I needed to learn! 

Well I hope you guys are doing well! I  love you! So does the Saviour Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father!

As they say in Tahiti
Na Na!

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

 
Soeur Stosich my companion <3 

Sunday Funday. Just after the temple walk. I love Cherry Blossoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment