Friday, 15 May 2015

May 12 2015 - Week 10

Ia ora na!


So this must be email number 11 for me! AAAAhhhhh I can't believe I leave the MTC this week! SO my district and I were freaking out as we walked into the mailroom to go grab our travel plans. So all our cameras were set out and ready to roll. So I got it all on video, such a happy moment, one that we were definitely waiting for! So I leave the MTC at 6am on Monday in the morning and we land at Tahiti in around 11pm so its going to be long day of travelling! I'm so happy my whole district got stuck on the same flight! I honestly don't know how its going to go down when I have to say bye to them!


So this week was a great week! Since its our last week here at the MTC, I wanted to reflect on the 11 weeks that I've been here....and its been great! Honestly such a huge blessing! I cherish the time here so much and I would not trade any of it to be in the warm beaches of Tahiti. 

So I got to experience one of the best things here at the MTC. So every week, the missionaries here go teach TRC where we teach members of the church who volunteer to come in to have a lesson taught in your mission language. They either come in person or do it over Skype So after Soeur Stosich and I taught our lesson to a Sister who just returned home from her mission from Tahiti, another companionship from my group was just finishing up their lesson over Skype and their member they were Skyping was from Tahiti! and as decided to listen because the member had the cutest son ever! He had to be one years of age, but as those missionaries finished off their lesson, the lady started balling and started bearing her testimony. So apparently she has been praying to have more patience in her life and these missionaries just answered her prayers by sharing a message on patience! SO as she was crying her one year old son was wiping her tears with her pajama pants! way cute! And to top it all off he then grabs a Mormon pass along card with Jesus Christ on it and then he uses that to wipe off her tears! It was the cutest thing ever! Even at the age of 1 he knew that Our Saviour Jesus Christ can take away our pains and heal our hearts. He definitely reminded me of that for sure! 


So you guys know about the Tahitian Troubles err I mean Tahitian Trebles...(You guys wont be surprised how suiting the first option is if you meet my district, plus we're practically a group of sisters) Anyways lately being well known from the MTC Presidency and their wives, they keep having us to do musical numbers! So literally in the mail we get an envelope saying "thanks for being willing to sing for us" even when we had no idea it was coming haha. At first we would joke about it, but then they were actually being serious, then they just got carried away. Haha no we love it. So last Sunday we sang for the devotional in front of the whole MTC!!! To almost 1000 people! I was terrified! President Bertasso ( the MTC 1st counselor) actually wants us to sing for our last devotional next Sunday in the middle of his talk! So we're excited for that! In fact he was going to go through a dry run for his talk later this week for our district so we get a feel for the song! ITs not the first time he came in to our class. One time he gave a lesson on deep doctrine and for the 2 hours he taught us, I learnt more than I ever have in my life(our district made a deal with him and he lost on his part of the bet so that's how he paid back-so worth it).

I Honestly don't know how I feel about leaving out to the field! Mixed emotions but I'm trying not to think about it too much to be honest. I've been hearing it lately that the last week here is the hardest you want to work. And to be honest I have been feeling "trunky" on my last week and I haven't even left for Tahiti yet! My branch President is awesome and he said to be careful that we don't leave the MTC thinking "I wished I did that", or "I wish I worked harder to...". And honestly I have been terrified that I will feel that way! So what my teacher taught us is that we should look at things is to look past the point where you're aiming for. For example, when you run a race and just when you could see the finish line, the last thing you want to do is to look at that line. What you want to do is to focus on that tree about a couple hundred meters away, that way you don't slow down to the finish line, you want to sprint all the way through, sprint the hardest you ever had in fact. Finish strong my friends. 


So I better leave and start packing! Ahhhh! But to to give you all an idea of how long i've been here at the MTC, a fellow sister in my district came up with rough, but somewhat accurate statistics:
Days Spent in the MTC - 70 days, and only 6 more to go
Hours Spent in a classroom - 605 hours
Lessons taught - 108 lessons taught (86 in French, 22 in Tahitian)
Number of Investigators I have taught - 10 
Number of people I have seen enter the MTC - 2756
Number of people I have seen leave the MTC - 3218
Number of Devotionals I have attended - 26 {1 Apostle (Elder Cook), 19 "Seventies"}

Next time I email you I'll be in Tahiti!!!


Parahi


Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

 The Picture we took with the MTC presidency before we sang!
Getting travel plans! With Sis Driggs and Sis Winter who are going to the West Indies French speaking!

Me calling my family on mothers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment