Wednesday, 29 July 2015

July 6 2015 - Week 18

Bonsoir Everyone!

Ok sorry I missed emails last week it was hectic! Transfers are hectic! But so fun, its like opening your call well not really but just to hear if your getting transferred into a new area and if you get a new companion! So Im stayingin Heiri! WOO! and its sad because I had basically 3 companions who left me! Its all good because my new companion is soooo cute! She is the happiest person ever and I am so excited to continue working with her! Her names Soeur Cromar! Shes from Utah but her mom is Tahitian and shes like related to everyone here and she doesn't even know haha! Heiri is loving her as well! She is just a lovable person!

The couple Wang foo where we received transfers calls during our dinner appointment. Also the wife, her sister is Soeur Hubert from my MTC promotion.

 Ward mission leader Frere Bopp and wife with my old companions Soeur Erekson, Soeur Hampton, and Soeur Taputea.

Faa'a zone. my first zone before transfers.

My new Companion!!

Alright, so a lot has happened in the past 2 weeks! SO many miracles that the lord has provided us! I'll just share one with ya'll. SO you remember Olivier? the guy that Soeur Taputea and I found a few weeks ago? Well, he just scheduled an appointment to talk with the bishop to get his temple recommend! So here is what you've missed:

 So not long after teaching him we invited him for baptism and fixed a date and he accepted for the 27th of June and he was doing to great and was ready and everything but he called the day before and said that he would want move the baptism date to the 25th of July! Like no way that's a month a lot of things could happen in a month but of course you have to respect decisions like that. So we continued on with just that other baptism we had scheduled with Oliviers. So this other guys name was Stellio who has some complications with his wife being against him being baptized. She actually came out of the house one time yelling at us in angry Tahitian. So I've been having this weird feeling about Stellio all day, and then 10 min before his baptism we get a call saying he left to Moorea that morning the day of his baptism! We were devastated and had no idea what to do! We had no idea what was going on and I remember just feeling so upset and let down but Soeur Taputea was like, "nope there's going to be a baptism tonight" so we get to the chapel and everybody there waiting and Stellio still wasn't there!  So Soeur Taputea and Soeur Erekson being amazing and all,  following the spirit, knew that things were going to be ok and it took me a while to realize that. We had no idea what to do, so we walked into a classroom and just knelt down in prayer for guidance and to bless Stellio that he is safe and for Olivier because we knew he was prepared for baptism and to help us know if it was the will of the Lord for us to have a baptism that night. So the answer to our prayer was pretty clear because guess who was the first person we ran into out of the classroom....Olivier! We asked him to come talk to us and got back into the classroom and discussed with him our experience that had just happened not too long ago and asked him if he was willing and will do what the Lord wanted him to do. He said a very sincere yes. Then we invited him to pray with us right then to see if it was the will of the Lord to have him baptized that night. Well I guess you can guess what happened from there. 30 minutes later I saw Olivier enter the baptismal font and enter a covenant with Heavenly Father.  I  feel so blessed to experience something like this and I learnt so much!

1. Prayers are always answered! 
2. Always follow the spirit! If you follow the spirit and seek for its guidance the lord will bless you so much for it
3. When things turn out unexpectedly, dont look back because I did and almost didnt realize #4
4. The Lord has a plan for his work. if you are prepared to recieve miracles he will give them your way. 
5. Prepare yourselves and look for miracles, dont wait for them to happen.
I have the best companions ever who teach me so much! So blessed!

I love you all
Bisoux

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

Olivier! Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment