Tuesday, 22 March 2016

February 1 2016 - Week 47

Iaorana

Serving in Heiri and Pirae were such a great blessing for me. I got so used to serving the people in the island of Tahiti with all the civilization and with all the cars and all the busyness and all the little things that happen in the missionary life that keeps us busy. Then Everything changed. I got here in Ahe and life here is literally chill. You hear nothing but the waves crashing on the shore and the wind blowing on the palm trees. It's funny because people here are like bob Marley and are all like "don't worry be happy" and there's me freaking out because I feel like I should be doing something. Missionary here is....slow. I got here last Tuesday and we literally had 1 investigator. We found people to teach and have lessons fixed with quite a bit of people to teach this coming week so already some progress. Even though I'm in paradise, it was so hard for me to adapt to this island life. I felt like why am I here there's nothing to do?! but we all have our own talents that we can always share and there is always a reason why Heavenly Father sends His servants where they are. I'm still looking for reasons why but already I got started helping the young women in the branch work on their personal progress! Also, I made myself useful as the only pianist on this island last Sunday. People are also asking for English and piano classes so I'm glad that I can, at least, contribute to something and the Lord is letting me serve His children here in Ahe. 


So to give yall an idea of how it's like over here our area where we have access to for the moment takes 10 to take the tour by walking with no doubt not even 100 people. And not even all these people are here because of school and work. The other maybe 100 people on this island are all on separate parts or islands that can be only accessed by boat. The branch has only about 20 active members who come regularly. So yeah that's Ahe for you guys. 

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment