Tuesday, 22 March 2016

January 4 2016 - Week 43

Bonne Annee!! 

I know I'm a little late but I wish you all a happy new year! Christmas holidays is always the best and I am soo happy I got to spend it here in Tahiti. It was definitely different being away from the family for the holidays. Also here in the pacific, you really don't have malls that play Christmas music, you can't really drink hot chocolate by the fireplace, and the whole cultural festivities of Christmas here is just not how I always had Christmas while growing up. Sometimes I thought of how Christmas was at home because where I am didn't feel like Christmas at all! But really it wasn't the fancy decorations and lights, and the mega Christmas shopping that made Christmas for me this year. It was the really concentrating on what the Saviour meant to me. What gift He offers me, and what gift I can offer Him. 

In the past 2 weeks were a little bit difficult concerning missionary work. Everybody liked using the excuse that because it's the holidays, they didn't have time to talk to us but that didn't stop my companion and I. I have never worked so diligently like how I did these past 2 weeks and I am so grateful for my companion. The Lord has really blessed us to have all the success we had because we were out there looking for opportunities to testify of the Saviour, which is the best thing that I can do for him at this time of year. We even got to go give away cookies and presents to some families when we went Christmas carolling on New Years Eve and that just made my day! 

What a great way to end the year. I am really grateful for all the experiences I had so far on my mission in the year of 2015 and I am so excited to see what else is there in 2016. I thought really hard of what were going to be my goals for this year. Knowing that I have lots of things that I need to work on in improving, I was sure I had to make strong and motivating goals. Our goals come from our desires, and one thing I learnt this week is that yes I have so many desires, but what is it that Heavenly Father desires me to do? I really like this quote from Elder Neal A. Maxwell:


“Spiritual submissiveness means … community and communion as the mind and the heart become settled. We then spend much less time deciding, and much more time serving. … Yielding one’s heart to God signals the last stage in our spiritual development. Only then are we beginning to be fully useful to God! How can we sincerely pray to be an instrument in His hands if the instrument seeks to do the instructing?”

I need to be in unity with our Heavenly Father and with his desires. That means I need to turn to Him for know what work I really need to do, and after that I need to go to Him for help, after all, that I can do because I know that with me efforts and only with His help that I can accomplish the desires of my heart if it is his will.  


I hope we all turn to Heavenly Father and for our goals and make them more focused on our earthly progression towards Him. 


Bon Courage!


Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment