Monday, 11 July 2016

April 18 2016 - Week 58

So I have to thank Heavenly Father for all the funny/cool moments he gave me this week.

1.So last P-day we went to what we call "le marché" which is a market where they sell fruits/veggies and souvenirs for tourists in the capital city of Papeete and as we were walking we happened to meet a young adult who was selling some goodies on his stand, anyways we carried well the conversation and had a couple good laughs then about 10min in we find out that his sister is a member and we start talking about the church and us missionaries. Well we definitely had to refer this guy to the missionaries so we asked him where lives then he replied and told us that he lives in Papara! Then we were like what?! and we asked which street, then he told us he lives on Quartier lucky, and we were even more astonished because we go through this street several times throughout the day! Then we even tracked down exactly where he lives. What chance? But seriously Heavenly Father really works things out.

2. Another not so coincidental moment was when I was doing a split with another sister (STL prorocall), sister Padbury, we had about 30min before our meeting with our ward missionary leader so we decided to go do some contacting well this one little back road that I've never been to caught my eye and we decided to turn in and there were a few houses but we decided to keep following the road. Well we got to this one point when the road started to get real tricky and I told Soeur Padbury that I don't know if this actually leads to somewhere but I just felt like we needed to continue and when we did we found a house on the end of the road. Well we couldn't really turn around so we decided to contact this one house and a lady named Manaiva answered and we talked for a bit and we found out she recently moved in and has already invited other missionaries at her old house and she accepted us to come again! Well after when we got to our meeting our ward missionary leader after and told us that he had a reference for us and he even drew out a map to show us where this family lived and he traced out exactly where Manaiva lived! He told us that the spirit told him to talk to this family and that he needed to refer this family to the missionaries! Coincidence? I dont think so... 

3. So I was in a lesson the same day with Soeur Padbury and I got 2calls that I couldn't answer because I didn't want to cut off the lesson so by the 3rd time the phone rang again I answered and it was from a reference. She excused herself for the first lesson that she missed and wasn't able to go to and then she asked if we could meet up again. I was a little reluctant but when she said if we could meet up right now I was like 'okay!' but seeing that we were busy we fixed a lesson for the afternoon. She told me that she really really wanted the lesson so I then got excited to meet this person. Well it wasn't even time for her lesson but as we were driving down a road to get to another lesson a lady i didn't recognized passing the opposite direction waved at us and then stopped her car and seeing that she wanted to talk to us, I too stopped the car, she backed up and presented herself as Bonita, the lady who called earlier and asked us where we were going and if we were going to her lesson or not. Haha she really wanted us to come over, we told her we'd stop over in an hour and so we did. When we got there, they were already waiting for us. So Bonita turns out to be really really cool. And apparently she's taken missionary discussions for a really long time and she just recently moved in and has been waiting for the missionaries to stop by for a month now! She told me that she wants to get married, respect the word of wisdom and get baptized! 

I have met A LOT of people on my mission. And already I feel so blessed to have met people whose hearts are ready to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. But to have met somebody who was hungering to have the word of god received in their homes, to have His servitors walk in their homes and to have hearts so humble to want to be directed towards our Saviour like that makes me so so grateful that I am out on a mission. 
Well I found out later from my bishop that there was a confusion in our ward boundaries and that Bonita doesn't even live in my area! Surprisingly I wasn't even sad to have given Bonita to other missionaries but I am just happy she's nourished by the gospel and that now she receives missionaries regularly. And I am so grateful that even for the smallest thing, Heavenly Father trusts me to use me as his instrument so that His children can come unto to Him. I love my mission!

Wow I literally just found out I have exactly 4 months lefts on my mission!!! what????!

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment