Monday, 11 July 2016

June 27 2016 - Week 68

Hello everyone

Know that I miss you all so much even though I haven't sent out an email for like 2months! The mission has just been super busy and I find that Internet and computer access and even time has been hard to find. So I'll just fill you in on what happened recently.

So my companion sister Kaiha finished her mission and I was the one to kill her. We stayed 5months together and it was a blast. I love serving with her because she showed me how to persevere until the very end. So Sr. Kaiha had a super super bad herniated disk and for those who doesn't know what that is well it's a back problem that hurts really really bad. Well because she wanted to finish her mission really bad, she did and with honor. What a champion. Well the day after her release she got operated and is recovering. :)

So right now I am sister Morrill from Alabama and it's been fun. It's so different being with an English speaking companion because I've always been with French speakers. I had and awkward time trying to switch into English with her haha. 

So a couple weeks ago we had the privilege to have some general authorities come here to Tahiti. We had Sister Reeves (the 2nd counselor of the general RS presidency) and her husband, sister McConkie (the 1st counselor of the general YWs presidency) and her husband, and elder Pearson (from the 70) and his wife. So this had to be my favorite mission conference by far and was a spiritual highlight. The messages were, of course, focused on missionary work and this just gave me the focus and the motivation I needed of how I wanted to end my mission. 

So apparently I have 7weeks left. Yeah where did that come from? Yeah no I'm not trunky and I am so not ready to go home. I just want to go home without any regrets and literally give my heart and service to all the people of Tahiti while I can. So I'm going to take some of the messages I heard from the general authorities by giving 10%more of myself which isn't a lot but makes all the difference. It's the little things that counts. I want to go home with the Lord proud of the work that I've done for Him and be accepted of Him. So for the general authorities all the missionaries sung a song for the intermediate hymn and it was "I'll go where you want me to go" done in a beautiful arrangement. It's a song that we sing for the missionary concerts and honestly it wasn't ever my fave song to sing for the concerts because I thought it lacked dynamics but is really decent as an arrangement. But when we sang this song this day, the whole room was filled with the spirit that that every person in the room was teary eyed. I realized how beautiful this song was when I sang as I testified this song. It was a beautiful moment.

So I'm not going to lie, Sr Kaiha and I were having a really hard time in the area. We had a really hard time finding success. There was even one day that every house stopped by, we had continuous rejection. I've never felt so rejected, mocked at and yelled at in my life. My companion and I just had our heads down and I Thought to myself "how could people reject God's servants and His messengers???". I then thought of my Saviour Jesus Christ and he himself, being the Saviour was rejected, mocked, yelled at, spit at and even killed. It never was easy for any of Gods messengers and prophets. I then had a greater appreciation of all the prophets that gave their service to the Lord and of course to my Saviour and Redeemer.

But there are still people who accept us even if finding these people are like a needle in a haystack. This week we found the needle, who's name is Sabrina. So after we met her, we fixed another appointment with her for yesterday and this lady recognized the light of Christ, that when she shared her the scripture Mathew 11:28-30 and when she said that this concerns me, I felt prompted to invite her to baptism and without a doubt, she accepted. The spirit was so strong you couldn't deny it. 

This church is true. And I'm so grateful for it because without it, I literally don't know where I would be and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it with others. 

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment