Monday, 15 August 2016

August 1 2016 - Week 73

Hello everybody,

These past couples of weeks have been so great in Temarua! 

So we had an open house at the chapel and i remember inviting literally as many people as i could; people on the street, members, our investigators - everybody! and usually nobody comes to our activities but i just wanted this night to go well and so great that with the faith that we had and from the efforts made from everyone, that day turned out to be one of my favorite days. One thing I find since being out on a mission is that those days that are just so hard, the ones where you work even harder turns out to be the best. So here in Tahiti not everyone has cars and totally last minute and I'm talking about minutes before the fireside starts investigators and recent converts called us to tell us that they wanted to come but asked us to give them a ride because they didn't have another way and because we cant as missionaries we had to find other members to go pick them up and that is where members are so necessary in helping us missionaries in doing missionary work is bringing investigators to church. So because i really wanted these people to come, lovely members came to the rescue and together (i hopped into their car to show where the investigators and the converts lives)we brought a bunch of people to this missionary fireside (and stayed obedient without breaking missionary rules). And this night turned out to be a hit so many people came thanks to the fabulous members driving back and forth for us like taxis dropping people off.
Like my mom always told me during my super lazy teenager years - when there's a will, there's a way. I am just loving the work more and more know even though work is hard. Time is literally disappearing but I'm just really happy that when deceivingly disappointing moments come or when it gets tough and super stressful, I've learnt to stick through it and give it my all. That reminds me of a scripture in Matt 16:25 
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

And it took me a long time to be able to do so but these past couple of months especially in this area in Temarua as an stl I've never cared any less of myself and I've never felt like I've loved this work so much!! 

I never really felt trunky until i spent that Pday last week with my mtc district, then the day after i did a split with sister Lavelua who is from my mtc district and being with them just made me realize how far we've come but at the same time being together, realizing that we were going home, the trunkiness hit me. Its ok I've still got a whole lot of fuel left and I'm super pumped because I got a surprise call this last Friday saying that I'm being transferred for the last 2 weeks of my mission! yeah funny, no joke! i am just stoked and ready to give it a big one to make a big bang to finish off my mission. 
So you know its official when you get a mail saying that you're invited to give your homecoming talk 3 Sunday from now at church. You're all invited! 

Love you all!!

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission

​Saying bye to Sister Shariatmadari because she left to go to an island this morning and I'm never going to see her until she comes home in November
 We watched the heiva this week which is a big Tahitian dance festival
Sister Morrill (my companion), me, Sister Lehartel (who is now in Australia), Sister Lavelua, Sister Totele, Sister Sovouai, and Sister Tuihani (our daughter)



No comments:

Post a Comment