Monday, 15 August 2016

July 18 2016 - Week 71

Hello everybody!

Tick tock tick tock.
So this week just passed by. So many things happened. So we got a call one night saying that the next morning we had to pick up a new missionary that my companion and I had to train! So we had to cancel almost all pf our lessons for the next day so that we can go pick up our new companion and drive the other sister around to do transfers. So our new companion is Sister TUIHANI who is from a tiny island just beside Ahe where I served and she is the coolest thing ever. She is exactly what you would think somebody would be from the islands - super cool and humble! 
SO miracle this week! 

Because sometimes missionary work can get hard it was hard seeing the fruits of my labours. Well because going to church is soo edifying I really enjoyed a talk that was given which was on the topic of what place Christ has in our life and that we need to put Him before everything - our work, even our family. So recently I've been praying really hard to know what I can do to help my area, to do the work that the Lord has prepared and there was a scripture that was shared from the talk found in John 15: 5 which says: I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

So I told myself that maybe I can focus more on the Christ and strive to have Him more with me - to be a better representative of Him. As we live our life, sometimes we miss align ourselves from Christ and no matter who we are we can always come closer to Christ. One thing that my companion always says that I like," you can never have too much faith" so we can always come closer to Him. 

So I'll get back to the miracle... just after church we had lessons fixed and had planned to see our first investigator and after pulling up we didn't even notice but other people were walking by and one of them taps on the window and I didn't recognize her right away but she said she's been wanting to see us and to my surprise I got excited and we gave each other our contact info and set a rendez vous. So I found out how I knew her and I remember meeting her one time from contacting and she said she couldn't receive us because she was busy, so then i asked her what changed her mind and she said that she has always been wanting to see us but she was just too busy at that time but now she is ready! So I know that everything that we do is written in the heavens and I know that Heavenly Father is counting on us on doing even the tiniest things even though we might think they have no impact - they do! Time will come when we will understand the real reasons why they happen. This person wasn't ready then, but she is ready now. And even if we didn't show up at her door at the right time, if we didn't she wouldn't have known who we are and she wouldn't have known where to turn to. I love missionary work!

Sister Arielle Bamba
Tahiti Papeete Mission








No comments:

Post a Comment